West Bridgewater (with jobs in Greater Boston/Newport), Dennis Port (with jobs on Cape Cod and in Plymouth County)
A great entry level opportunity for a person who would like to learn the garden and horticulture trade. An ideal candidate will have a genuine appreciation for gardening and will have a basic understanding of production principles. This individual will train under a lead gardener learning current garden practices on designated properties while working closely with the client and the associated Account Manager.
- Be open to learning proper horticultural principles.
- Follow through with tasks decided by the Lead Gardener.
- Be supportive to Lead Gardener as needed in all aspects of field work.
- Ensure equipment and small tools are organized and being managed properly.
- Actively participate in company safety guidelines.
- Prior experience in physical exertion.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Shows a strong enthusiasm and passion for being creative and working with a team of professionals.
- Self motivated and driven with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Willingness and ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401(k) Match
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
Apply for this position