West Bridgewater (with jobs in Greater Boston/Newport), Dennis Port (with jobs on Cape Cod and in Plymouth County)
A great opportunity for a gardener to work with a diverse garden portfolio in inspired settings. An ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of production principles and enjoys being constructive in a collaborative environment. This individual will train their team and inform current garden practices on designated properties while working closely with the client and the associated Account Manager.
- Be current and implement best practices in horticulture on designated sites.
- Prioritize and implement necessary strategies to ensure productive visits.
- Galvanize and train garden team in best practices and production.
- Collaborate with the production and Account management team to ensure client expectations are being managed.
- Be able to diagnose and/or strategize disease and pest management on sites as needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on sites daily, monthly, and in a season. Communicate this to clients, production team, and account managers.
- Organize and implement strategies to ensure all properties are being managed thoughtfully and properly in accordance with both horticultural and design principles.
- Annual and container design and management alongside garden management.
- Prior experience in gardening a minimum of 2 full seasons.
- Strong horticultural knowledge base as it relates to horticulture and garden principles.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Shows a strong enthusiasm and passion for being creative and working with a team of professionals.
- Self motivated and driven with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Willingness and ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Company Vehicle provided for business purposes
- 401(k) Match
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
Apply for this position